The seven films nominated for this year’s Doc Alliance Award have been announced.
The seven nominated films selected by the seven festivals in the Doc Alliance network have been announced. The films are competing for a cash prize of 5,000 euros, and the winner will be selected by an international jury of film critics from all seven participating countries, and will be announced at an official opening ceremony on August 7 at the Locarno Film Festival.
And the nominees are…
* Gulîstan, Land of Roses (directed by Zaynê Akyol; CA/GE, 2016, 75 min – Nominated by Visions du Réel)
* Jarocin. Against the Stream (directed by Lech Gnoinski, Marek Gajczak; PL, 2015, 109 min – Nominated by Docs Against Gravity FF)
* Maybe Desert, Perhaps Universe (directed by Miguel Seabra Lopes, Karen Akerman; PT/BR, 2015, 98 min – Nominated by Doclisboa)
* Steam on the River (directed by Filip Remunda, Robert Kirchhoff; SK/CZ, 2015, 90 min – Nominated by IDFF Jihlava)
* Maestà, the Passion of Christ (directed by Andy Guérif; FR, 2015, 60 min – Nominated by FIDMarseille)
* Train to Adulthood (directed by Klára Trencsényi, HU, 2015, 79 min – Nominated by DOK Leipzig)
* Fragment 53 (directed by Carlo Gabriele Tribbioli, Federico Lodoli; IT/CH, 2015, 71 min – Nominated by CPH:DOX)
About the Doc Alliance Award
The international Doc Alliance Selection Award is one of the pivotal projects organised by the Doc Alliance platform comprised of seven European film festivals – CPH:DOX, Doclisboa, Docs Against Gravity FF, DOK Leipzig, IDFF Jihlava, FIDMarseille and Visions du Réel. Along with the online documentary portal, DAFilms.com, this year celebrating ten years of its successful activity in the area of video-on-demand offering over 1,400 carefully selected documentary films to viewers worldwide, DAS Award serves the main purpose of the festival alliance – to support and promote quality documentary films which are essential to the existence of every documentary film festival.